Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the Recommended TP?

3 posters

Go down

How often do you use the recommended texture pack on Cobbleton?

Regarding the Recommended TP? Vote_lcap100%Regarding the Recommended TP? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]
Regarding the Recommended TP? Vote_lcap0%Regarding the Recommended TP? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Regarding the Recommended TP? Vote_lcap0%Regarding the Recommended TP? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Regarding the Recommended TP? Empty Regarding the Recommended TP?

Post by CheeseDoctor22 April 12th 2014, 9:05 pm

Hey, I know I haven't been on often, but today I hopped on and saw there was a recommended texture pack that turned out to be medieval-like. I was just wondering if the "theme" if you can call it that is medieval? I was thinking about making a more modern or suburban town a while ago but I'm not sure if that's what the server is going for. I've also included a poll just for funs sake and to collect statistics!
CheeseDoctor22
CheeseDoctor22
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Recommended TP? Empty Re: Regarding the Recommended TP?

Post by MoMoe0 April 12th 2014, 10:56 pm

The theme Ben and I envisioned was a semi-realistic medieval/tiny bit of cartoon look. At least that's my thoughts, Ben can chime in too.

To disabled it after you've clicked yes the first time:
1. Go to multiplayer
2. Click Cobbleton and click edit
3. Change Server Resource Packs to Disabled

Something else to mention, this pack is a work in progress, if you have any suggestions for it please let me know.
MoMoe0
MoMoe0
Admin
Admin

https://cobbletoncraft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Benislav April 13th 2014, 1:50 am

The main idea behind the pack was to create a cohesive look for the server that everyone can use to form a baseline idea as to what things on the server are to look like.  Essentially, a problem I saw was that some builds can look significantly worse in one Resource Pack than they do in another.  The primary aim of creating a pack for Cobbleton was to reduce that dissonance and create a better atmosphere.

To go with this, a huge aim in creating the pack was the addition of textures that would be useful in building.  This can particularly be seen in the swaps we've made to chiseled sandstone and lapis lazuli with the intention of making them more applicable in builds.

As far as the question of theme goes, we're aiming for something generally in tune with Minecraft, something behind the idea of "no visible theme".  If this gives off an initial feel of medieval, that's not surprising.  I feel that's kinda the feel Minecraft itself initially gives off.  The problem is, I think, it's difficult to make something seem outwardly futuristic or modern without adding something like modern technology, which would clearly build the pack to a theme.

At the bare basics, what I mean is that the pack isn't supposed to have a theme, and that itself may make it look like it does.  If I were to sum these ideas up more succinctly, I'd say:

The pack isn't meant to tell you what to make, but instead to better show others what you've made.
Benislav
Benislav
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum