Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Banned for Spam"

2 posters

Go down

"Banned for Spam" Empty "Banned for Spam"

Post by Piggy22 March 2nd 2014, 4:11 am

Hi there,

First ban appeal! Someone give me a medal.

Nothing too serious here. I was messing around with a buddy on the server. Being that I have run multiple servers/have plugin experience, I wanted to see how much the plugins would actually work.

I know that the server was only released yesterday, so it's always handy to have bug reports. So, I quickly threw on a hacked client - yes, I know the rules.

Benislav wrote:3.) Hacked/Modified Clients or Mods are Prohibited
This rule applies to any sort of client mod that significantly alters the gameplay experience.  At Cobbleton, we want to make a server where everyone is given the same chances.  Think about it, is cheating really fun?
Breaking this rule will result in a ban.

I hadn't had the client on for long, being that I only wanted to test a few select things. I accidentally hit a button which spammed the chat. Although it only appeared with one "Spam!", I was Ban Hammered straight up. (Nice plugin!).

Things to note for future reference:

• Xray works
  • Fast break works
  • Fast place works (I'm assuming)
  • Spam works (Now we know)

Knowing this, things like Nuker, Tracers and other features of Hacked Clients will be able to be utilized. I understand that this may be cause for other players to try and use clients, so delete this post if you find necessary.

I'd like to apologize for essentially breaking the rules, however I found that it was to help with the running of the server, and not for personal gain. If you find that this is not acceptable, then I will accept the fact that I've done the wrong thing, and I guess I won't be coming back on Cobbleton.

Please let me know your decision, I'll also be sending a Reddit message to Mo to ensure he is able to see it.

If you need to know of Plugins to prevent clients, send me a message.
Linked is what was shown in chat when the Spam Key was hit. (I couldn't figure out how to put it in this post for convenience).

Regards,

Piggy.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/76/72/40/spamba11.jpg
Piggy22
Piggy22
User
User

Back to top Go down

"Banned for Spam" Empty Re: "Banned for Spam"

Post by MoMoe0 March 2nd 2014, 4:31 am

You've been unbanned(I think, let me know if you aren't). Thanks for the info, but if someone were to use something like that we could easily rollback the damages. I don't really want to get a hefty plugin for anti-xray or anti-cheat. Grief prevention is a nice tool to against stuff like spam and such. However, I will do some tests in the next couple of days. Thanks.

Last edited by MoMoe0 on March 3rd 2014, 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MoMoe0
MoMoe0
Admin
Admin

https://cobbletoncraft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piggy22 March 3rd 2014, 12:59 am

Thanks, no worries.

Let me know if you need any more help, I don't mind getting banned for reasons that aren't negative haha.
Piggy22
Piggy22
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down