Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rail System

3 posters

Go down

Rail System Empty Rail System

Post by pigdog23 March 15th 2014, 3:17 am

Hey everyone!
As many of you know I'm building a rail system for our fine sever and this is how it will work
First you will start at the central station which will be named "Grand central plaza" this will hopefully become a hub for trading, shops and maybe become a town, the rail line will start and split into 4 different ways North, East, South, and west then each of those lines will go for some time then will split into 3 more tracks one that will keep straight one going to the right and one to the left these will lead to an area that is well populated but not to anyone's home directly then there I will build roads leading to peoples homes or near their home
If anyone has any suggestions or concerns please voice them also ill be looking for donations to help me get this done faster I will need any of the following an any amount you fell fit to donate 

Rail, Powered rail, Gold, Iron, Cobblestone, Smooth Stone, Red Stone, Any Tools (especially with silk touch)
I will be willing to buy any of these items if you do not want to donate

Thanks everyone and I hope to have it up and running soon
Pigdog23 pig
pigdog23
pigdog23
User
User

Back to top Go down

Rail System Empty Re: Rail System

Post by MoMoe0 March 15th 2014, 8:46 am

Well I thought we agreed that I was going to build it but I kinda like the idea of having the players build it, as long as you let other players collaborate with you on it and voice their ideas. Thanks for doing this, I realized I didn't really have that much time to dedicate to building a rail system. Do you have any designs on what this station will look like?

Edit: Moved the topic to Cobbleton Discussion and fixed the typo in your title.
MoMoe0
MoMoe0
Admin
Admin

https://cobbletoncraft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyrcen March 15th 2014, 5:40 pm

Are we going to standardize a road design? or let everyone come up with their own?

Zyrcen
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by pigdog23 March 16th 2014, 12:53 am

MoMoe0 wrote:Well I thought we agreed that I was going to build it but I kinda like the idea of having the players build it, as long as you let other players collaborate with you on it and voice their ideas. Thanks for doing this, I realized I didn't really have that much time to dedicate to building a rail system. Do you have any designs on what this station will look like?

Edit: Moved the topic to Cobbleton Discussion and fixed the typo in your title.

I'm very sorry Moe I totally forgot about our agreement ( I was very tired when I began construction and wrote this post ) and thank you for giving it to me and I'm all for people helping me build and or donate supplies also I have built the bare bones for Grand central plaza not much now I'm going to focus on the rails and hopefully it will look better as more people use it thanks again moe pig
pigdog23
pigdog23
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by pigdog23 March 16th 2014, 12:55 am

Zyrcen wrote:Are we going to standardize a road design? or let everyone come up with their own?

I was first going to see if everyone wants a road built to there home before construction but I haven't yet come up with one I'm open to suggestions pig
pigdog23
pigdog23
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMoe0 March 16th 2014, 3:27 am

Can you post what the design looks like? Also, you could just build the stations and then assign people responsibility with either getting you supplies or building their own track to the station.
MoMoe0
MoMoe0
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pigdog23 March 19th 2014, 2:35 am

pigdog23 wrote:Hey everyone!
As many of you know I'm building a rail system for our fine sever and this is how it will work
First you will start at the central station which will be named "Grand central plaza" this will hopefully become a hub for trading, shops and maybe become a town, the rail line will start and split into 4 different ways North, East, South, and west then each of those lines will go for some time then will split into 3 more tracks one that will keep straight one going to the right and one to the left these will lead to an area that is well populated but not to anyone's home directly then there I will build roads leading to peoples homes or near their home
If anyone has any suggestions or concerns please voice them also ill be looking for donations to help me get this done faster I will need any of the following an any amount you fell fit to donate 

Rail, Powered rail, Gold, Iron, Cobblestone, Smooth Stone, Red Stone, Any Tools (especially with silk touch)
I will be willing to buy any of these items if you do not want to donate

Thanks everyone and I hope to have it up and running soon
Pigdog23 pig

So I'm changing this a bit instead of the whole splitting into 3 different lines idea I'm going to bring the rail line (in the words of the great Satoru Iwata) directly to you.
So if you would like me to build the rail line to you please say so and mark a 5x5 area near your home to show me where you would like me to put the rail pig
pigdog23
pigdog23
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMoe0 March 19th 2014, 4:06 am

What do you mean? How are people supposed to tell where they are going? Is the grand central plaza gonna have like 10 rail lines coming off it it? I don't get it.
MoMoe0
MoMoe0
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pigdog23 March 19th 2014, 8:33 am

MoMoe0 wrote:What do you mean? How are people supposed to tell where they are going? Is the grand central plaza gonna have like 10 rail lines coming off it it? I don't get it.

There will be the main 4 lines going the cardinal directions and the rails going to peoples homes will just run off of those and I will set up signs along each junction to tell where they are going I have it worked out moe trust me pig
pigdog23
pigdog23
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMoe0 March 19th 2014, 9:34 am

Wait, wasn't that the original plan? I'm confused?

EDIT: I get it now.
MoMoe0
MoMoe0
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down